PAHRUMP VALLEY SPEEDWAY
THERE IS NO ONE RACE GRACE RULE!
OEM = Original equipment manufacturer.
ALL CARS THAT DOMINATE OR WALK AWAY ARE SUBJECT TO WEIGHT
1.BOMBER: Any American-made passenger car front or rear wheel drive. The only exceptions are those contained within these rules. No convertibles, pick-up trucks, SUVs, "t-tops," sports cars, hearses or Jeeps.
2. BODIES: must be complete and stock-appearing. Stock bumpers are required. Bumpers must be strapped or chained to the body or frame of the car. No other reinforcements are allowed.
The stock floor pan, front and rear firewalls, trunk floor and rear wheel wells must remain intact. No cutting, shortening, channeling or chopping allowed. All glass must be removed. All exterior lighting must be removed. No mirrors allowed. All flammable interior and exterior upholstery material must be removed. Exception: dashboard and dashboard pad must remain intact. Partial removal of the dash for roll bar installation is permitted. Exterior body molding, antennas and trim must be removed. Doors must be chained, welded or bolted shut. Added holes or scoops in the hood are not permitted. Cars with stock hood scoops or any holes must have the opening completely sealed off – no exceptions. Cars must have the hood and trunk secured shut with hood pins. The hood and trunk must be easily opened from the outside of the car. All sharp edges outside or inside the car must be flattened. Fenders may be trimmed and minimum tire clearance to compensate for damage. Added weight is not permitted.
3.ROLL CAGE: Minimum 1.3/4.OD-095 tubing. Any bar that the driver may come into contact with must be padded. NASCAR-style four or six-point cage is required. All roll bars including kickers must remain within the driver’s compartment, no exceptions. Minimum of 3 side door bars are required for both front doors.
4. ENGINE: V6 or V8 engine and all of its components must be stock OEM with a maximum .030 overbore allowed for rebuild. Any procedures associated with a common rebuild are allowed. All rebuilt engines must use OEM replacement parts. All casting and part numbers must be legible and intact with no alteration. Any fuel injected car, that you choose to remove the fuel injected motor maybe replaced with a aspirated motor, Limited to.
Chevrolet (GM) 350 CID Ford (Mercury) 351 CID Chrysler (Mopar) 360 CID Stock, cast iron intake manifold and exhaust manifold only. No altering of any kind allowed. Carburetor must remain stock OEM specifications, no modifications allowed other than choke plates may be fixed open. Replacement carburetors allowed, must be stock replacement. Casting numbers must be identifiable and legible. Cars must have two (2) throttle return springs. Heat shields or spacers of 1" maximum thickness allowed. Exhaust must extend past the driver and exit toward the rear of the car. Engine must be in stock location. Aftermarket, non-performance air cleaner assemblies allowed, subject to tech approval. Removal of bolt on components such as smog pump and A/C compressor optional.
5. ENGINE COOLING: Stock radiator, fan and fan shrouds only. Electric fans OK. A radiator hoop may be installed. Antifreeze allowed in the radiator. An overflow bottle of one gallon capacity minimum is mandatory.
6. ELECTRICAL: Must remain stock OEM. No aftermarket performance ignition parts allowed, including, but not limited to, the coil, cap, rotor, module, etc. Must use OEM distributor set-up. Battery must be secured in a leak-proof box in either the trunk or located behind the driver's seat or in stock location. All cars must have key ignition or a clearly-marked kill switch. Exterior brake lights are permitted.
7. TRANSMISSION AND DRIVETRAIN: Automatics only. Must be stock OEM. No internal performance modifications allowed. Mounts must be stock, reinforcing allowed. An aftermarket transmission cooler is allowed, must be properly secured in the engine compartment. An aftermarket transmission shifter and linkage is allowed, subject to tech approval. Stock driveline must be painted white. Two hoops from each end of the driveline. A maximum gear ratio of 3.55.
8. BRAKES: Stock OEM brake assembly and components. All four (4) working brakes must function properly. All brake components must be OEM replacement.
9. TIRES AND WHEELS: DOT Street tires only. NO Racing tires and recaps of any kind are permitted. No side walls smaller than 60 series, ex: 235/60/R15 or IMCA G 60-15 All four tires must be the same size and series. Seven-inch (7”) or eight-inch (8”) wheels only. Spacers are permitted on front wheel drive cars only. Oversized lug nuts of 1" are required. Wheel studs must extend past the lug nut a minimum of two (2) threads.
10. STEERING AND SUSPENSION: The frame must remain stock OEM with no modifications. This includes but not limited to cutting, notching, lightening or moving of suspension points or frame altering allowed. Exception: frames damaged due to accidents may be repaired with equivalent steel material, no further back than the front of the control arms or rear differential hump. Stock OEM steering system. Power steering pumps optional. Stock OEM suspension. Control arm/trailing arm bushings may be replaced with a urethane type. Solid bushings are not permitted. Control arms may not be altered from stock OEM in any way. All components must mount in stock location. Locking of rear ends is optional. Aftermarket stock OEM replacement springs allowed. Springs may not be over 100 lbs. of the maximum rate by OEM specifications. Rear leaf springs must be securely contained and with the stock OEM mountings. Leafs may be added or removed, no spacers allowed. Coil springs may be cut. The use of coil spring spacers are permitted, they may not be adjustable. Rear sway bars permitted if stock OEM. Camber will be measured at the wheel. Maximum of one inch (1") in or out. Replacement shocks must be stock OEM.
11 .FUEL SYSTEM: Gas tanks ahead of rear axle allowed but must install shield under it. Stock fuel tank must be removed and replaced with a maximum twelve (12) gallon steel fuel cell or marine fuel tank. Fuel cells must have a ground strap from the filler neck to the chassis. The fuel tank must be located as far forward as possible in the trunk. Fuel tank must be secured with steel tie-down straps. Station wagons must install a sheet metal barrier between the fuel tank and the driver's compartment. Fuel line must exit out of the top of the fuel tank only. No fuel lines in the driver's compartment. Stock OEM replacement mechanical fuel pumps only. Electrical pumps OK for front wheel drive and have a kill switch. No performance pumps. Metal fuel filters only, no glass or plastic. Gasoline 91 octane max only. NO racing fuel allowed.
12. SAFETY: An approved racing seat is requited for driver. A mandatory 2-lb. fire extinguisher must be securely mounted within the reach of the driver. A driver's side window net is mandatory. Must be securely fastened at both the top and bottom, subject to tech approval. Must have a quick release. Five-point safety harness is recommended. Minimum single layer driving suit, neckbrace and gloves are mandatory.